Author Topic: Sebastian of The Sixth Sense  (Read 12384 times)

feliformation

Sebastian of The Sixth Sense
« on: March 24, 2010, 08:56:02 PM »
Hey Ed!  I'm so glad you started this site.  I can't wait to see what it develops into!  I've often wondered about dog actors, whether two similar dog characters were played by the same dog, etc.

Anyway, my suggestion is twofold;  firstly, to add Sebastian, the dog/puppy from The Sixth Sense (film).  Upon viewing the film my first instinct (based on the facial markings and overall body shape and size) was that he was an Alaskan Klee Kai.  However, the only information I could find on him (which wasn't much at all, and definitely wasn't from a reputable source) stated that he was an Alaskan Husky.  Could you shed some light on this?  The puppy is super-cute and I'd love to see what else, if anything, he or she has acted in.

The second suggestion is more general site-related; browsing the site, I have a few comments about the interface and presented info.  I think it might be helpful to include links to the IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes page for the film or show discussed in an article.  I also feel that the 'retriever' and 'golden retriever' categories should probably be merged :P  Also, it would make more sense, I think, in films or shows with multiple dogs (most noticeably Up), each dog should have their own page to ease confusion.

Thanks for your time, and good luck with this awesome site!

DogActors.com

• Administrator
Re: Sebastian of The Sixth Sense
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 11:29:38 AM »
Good call, I'll see if I can pull out the Sixth Sense or at least have Blockbuster ship me that movie soon so I can see where the dogs is.  It's been a long time since I've seen that film.

As for links to IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes - those sites seem to stress on human actors but there are a few canine stars that do have their own pages, like Jean (Vitagraph dog), Strongheart, Rin Tin Tin, and Lassie but even those pages don't have much information on them (a lot of my information actually comes from Wikipedia).

As for the retriever, many fanciers can get militant about keeping their dog separate from the other breeds (even though they're pretty much the same breed).  I have the "retriever" section just for dogs that I haven't been able to find out (even though I am 99% sure Dug is a golden).  You'll see this with other breeds, too (rough collie & smooth collie, the Belgian shepherds, etc.).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 11:36:27 AM by Ed »